Reasons why Y.O.U CAMP 2017 was so awesome that I still can’t completely moved on from it (yet)
1. Melbourne is such a lovely place. I love everything about it! Well except the amount of traffic lights in the city
2. Tarbiah Sentap team. They are truly an inspiration; young, passionate and talented. Everything every youth should aspire to be.
3. Sayonara jahiliah. Something I’m sure everyone is struggling to do, given how these things (ikhtilat, wasting time, too much entertainment, not covering aurah etc) had become a norm in today’s society. Ustaz Adnin’s talk was very enlightening, I realized that some of the habits that I always tried to justify (watching movies, Korean dramas etc) actually brings me more harm than good. I kinda knew this a long time ago but it is really hard to stop and I never have the strength or the pushing factor to leave it all behind. So, the talk really makes me all geared up to become a better Muslim, in shaa Allah.
4. The atmosphere. Do you know that feeling of serenity and calmness you get when you are inside the masjid? It is pretty similar. Throw in some burning desire to become a better person and a bit of strong drive to do amar makruf and nahi mungkar. That feeling, is priceless.
5. As cliche as it seems, the friends, of course. Met new friends, reunited with the old ones. Life is always a lot better with friends, especially the ones with the exact same goal of succeeding not just in this dunya, but in the akhirah as well.
If you have never experienced Y.O.U CAMP, you are really missing something as a Muslim student here in Australia.
By: Fatimah Zahra